Queensland Regional Home Building Boost grant
In late June 2020, the Queensland Government introduced a Regional Home Building Boost grant, to help regional Queensland homeowners reach their goal of getting into their new home sooner.
This grant is in response to the COVID-19 pandemic and offers a further $5,000 (a total of $20,000) towards the purchase or construction of a brand-new house, unit or townhouse (valued less than $750,000).
This grant is only available to first homeowners in regional areas including:
- Central Queensland
- Darling Downs/ Maranoa
- Mackay – Isaac – Whitsunday areas
- Outback Queensland
- Wide Bay
There are maps and postcode lists on the Regional Home Building Boost grant website for further clarification about which regional areas are eligible.
To be eligible for this grant, conditions include:
- you must be at least 18 years of age
- you must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident (or applying with someone who is)
- you or your spouse must not have received a previous regional home building boost grant
- you must be buying or building a brand new home
- the value of the home including the land is less than $750,000